Quality & Care in One Package
CASE MAKING & SUPPLY
Pennex is one of the UK’s foremost manufacturers and suppliers of bespoke shipping crates. Designed, manufactured and assembled at our UK facility to BS 1133-8:2011+A1:2016, we offer bespoke, made to measure wooden cases, crates and skids, which, thanks to our specialist employees, are produced quickly and to a very high standard, for all forms of transport. All timber is ISPM 15 compliant and sourced from sustainable plantations, providing cost effective packing solutions, which contain a mixture of wooden materials where appropriate.
Such types include heavy duty softwood seafreight cases, lightweight plywood cases and crates, and purpose-built skid packages to ease handling of awkward cargo. All custom cases are supplied with stencilled international handling marks, are paper lined, and can be supplied with additional individual features such as foam lining, aluminium foil bags, wheels and screwed or hinged assembly.
< Export Packing | On Site Storage >
Batten Plywood Cases
- These bespoke crates are ideal for domestic and international road and air freight.
- More suited to lightweight cargo.
- Can accommodate large volumetric sizes.
- Available in 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm and 25mm plywood thicknesses.
- Close softwood boarded base with forklift runners.
- Available flat packed or pre-assembled.
Riveted Plywood Boxes
- More robust wooden packaging than cardboard cartons.
- For shipping lightweight airfreight cargo in the UK or internationally.
- These shipping boxes can be supplied with softwood solid bases (for heavier cargo).
- Boxes are available in a range of sizes up to the maximum dimensions: 120 x 100 x 85 cms.
- Available in KD form or ready made.
ISPM 15 Wooden Skids
- Made to order in bespoke sizes.
- Wooden base support frames and cradles available.
- Close boarded or skeletal skid base designs.
- Two- way or four-way entry available.
- Standard pallet sizes available.
- Perfect for heavy duty consignments, there is no limit on size or weight.
Softwood BER Cases
- Bespoke wooden seafreight case suitable as two-way entry for lighter, smaller cargo.
- These shipping crates are ideal too for container stowing and road freight.
- Strong, robust and sturdy, BER wooden cases provide a cost-effective method to export pack cargo for seafreight.
- Recommended maximum weight is 2 tonnes.
- Additionally, these aesthetically pleasing custom cases are often supplied for use on TV and film sets.