Quality & Care in One Package
MULTI MODAL LOGISTICS
As part of our commitment to clients to be a one-stop provider, Pennex offer full multimodal logistic services by road, air or sea, to fulfil the complete export or import service for customer’s consignments. Cargo can be collected or dispatched on a shared or dedicated mode according to individual case by case needs and economic factors. Any UK address is served by daily collection or delivery to ensure timely receipt of goods into our facility.
International destinations are serviced by frequent departures by air or sea with all the major air and shipping lines, all managed in house by our experienced shipping department who supply and guide clients on the full suite of documentation required for each shipment. Any weight, size or value of consignment can be transported with client confidence on the correct equipment.
< Project Fulfilment | Bespoke Services >
UK Movements by Road
A variety of transport movements can be arranged according to urgency and budget:
- Pallet size consignments collected daily from mainland UK and delivered on a next day basis.
- Shared vehicle transport on a groupage movement where your cargo forms part of a full load.
- Full trailer movements offering dedicated same day deliveries.
- Specialised Hiab and tail lift vehicles available for where collection or delivery points do not have lifting capability.
- For lightweight cargo, dedicated vehicle delivery country-wide can be organised.
International Movements by Road
We offer road transport services throughout Europe and CIS on curtain sided tilt trailers, and super jumbo trailers for maximum volumetric stow on a dedicated or shared (groupage) movement.
- Customs and export documentation guidance and advice is available.
- All movements are conducted under CMR conditions of carriage.
- Full Goods in Transit insurance available on request.
- Door to door deliveries can be arranged.
- ADR trained drivers and operators for dangerous goods.
- CMR content managed and generated by Pennex at point of loading.
Out of Gauge Wide Load
Oversize cargo needing packing or requiring pre movement for packing processes can be organised through a selection of our approved specialist heavy lift partners located around the UK. We offer total consignment administration, handling and care, including:
- Permit applications with relevant authorities implemented including special order and VRI permits.
- Pilot car and private vehicle escort supplied and arranged combined with Police if required.
- We facilitate out of gauge movements of cargo up to 350 tonnes, or 5 metres long or 4.65 metres high on UK roads subject to Department of Transport special order approval.
- All sizes of cargo are assessed, viewed and considered with a recommendation for movement.
- FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) members to gold standard.
Specialising in lightweight consignments, collections and deliveries, we can offer:
- dedicated light goods vehicles providing a same day express A-to-B delivery service countrywide.
- next day, timed and cost effective deliveries throughout the UK.
- third country courier collection and delivery capability of lightweight cargo without entering the UK.
- lightweight documents or small cargo shipments worldwide at competitive rates, by fast track courier.
- to ship hazardous consignments on the DHL network worldwide, as an audited approved IATA packaging and documentation company.
Air freight shipments to arrival airport, or delivered to consignee’s kerbside can be arranged to any worldwide destination.
- Cargo packed with robust lightweight packaging to limit additional weight charges.
- Package designs to maximise aircraft options utilising passenger aircraft for freight where possible.
- Selection of carriers to offer custom fit routing and optimised freight rates.
- Aircraft full and part charters for out of gauge cargo.
- Daily departure to worldwide destinations for lightweight cargo delivered on a door to door basis.
With full container loads (FCL) loaded at our Burnham facility, clients can have confidence in the knowledge that cargo is safely stowed and secured prior to departure. Pennex also offer:
- Loading to all types of container: 20ft, 40ft, dry van, open tops and flat racks.
- LCL cargo shipments, travelling at groupage movements, where space is shared with other consignments to reduce freight costs.
- Break bulk cargo conventional shipments for non-compatible container cargo.
- Part and full charter ships for large bulk shipments.
- Services to destinations across the globe.
Customs, Consular Work, Legalisation and Documentation
- To complement any import or export movement, our in house documentation department can process all relevant paperwork to comply with in country legal requirements, augmented by our London Chamber of Commerce membership.
- UK Customs entries on CHIEF system for imports and exports are entered by Pennex.
- Guidance on client shipping invoice format and particulars.
- Legalised certificates of origin stamped and issued by internationally recognised London Chamber of Commerce.